Scrolling

A beautifully simple home with green floors

I'm always showing homes with white floors, black floorswood floors and even concrete floors. But what about green floors?! This surprising twist to an otherwise (beautiful) simple, white Australian home looks utterly fab and tells us that perhaps we need to think outside the usual colour scope? To get the look it's important to balance it with other items in the same shade (note the green tap and accessories in the kitchen, vases on the dining room table and vintage scales by the fireplace). Love the mid-century furniture too...






Photography: Brooke Holm with kind permission. Stylist: Megan Morton for Inside Out via Coco Lapine with thanks

Could you go green? Or perhaps you've seen another colour somewhere you like?

I've got something exciting to share with you tomorrow so make sure you pop back.....oooo, what could it be?!

Have a lovely day

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. A bit daring, but it worked out very well! Love the house, except for the carpet in front of the fireplace. That's a bit to much. The smaller carpet in the other picture is a better match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. All but the brightest green is a neutral, in my opinion, so it keeps it subtle, but also practical, as it isn't then so difficult to keep clean. I also like the bits of red the rugs provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite a statement. I worry I would tire of it all over the house like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hit of colour! I would go blue or grey I think though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I never thought green floors would look that cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those green floors, especially with the pops of red from the rugs, would have never thought of that combo working but it really does!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I just love this….especially in that kitchen with all the windows. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally not feeling the green floor. It's a little too much for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm, I like it. I might go red instead, and keep textiles and accessories black white and grey, with a few pops otherwise. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post about art for homeart for home online shopping with best collections

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every week-end I used to pay a fast visit this site, because I’d like enjoyment, because this web site conations certainly fussy material. Diamanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i think this might be my favorite so far :P so calming to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way back in the day (too long ago to mention the year without dating myself!) I painted all the floors in my carriage this shade of green—I felt like I was wading in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the 4 wooden chairs!! I have the same ones :) Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not keen to be honest. Very bare and austere

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO