Scrolling

A beautifully renovated Finnish cabin

Spring has sort of arrived in Scandinavia and summer cottages are starting to be prepped for weekend visits and the wonderful month of July. This newly renovated cottage in the Finnish archepelegoes belongs to the editor behind inspiring blog Time of the Aquarius, and her partner and three children. It really has been a labour of love through the winter (trust me, I've seen the 'before' pictures!) but the work they've done so far is simply stunning.








Time of the Aquarius

The cottage is about three hours from their home (by car and ferry) and they plan to spend their long summer days their with their three children. How idyllic! Do you have a summer cottage or a weekend retreat?

Before I shoot off for the weekend, I have an important announcement......

.....the Lucky winner of the fab ML Design industrial pendent light (drum roll please...) is Britta Högström. Mette will be in contact with you to organise delivery. Thank you to everyone who entered!

And here's my round-up of fab not-to-be-missed interior news from the web:

If there's one interior site you must visit this weekend it's this Tumblr - it made me laugh so much. Thanks for the tip Mariela!

If you love Finnish style (errr hello!) and a great make-over, check out Varpunen for a fab before and after.

I have a friend who has been talking about getting a new sofa for two years (not even an exaggeration, it could be longer). This uber cool list of top ten sofas is for you Ullis.

And finally, because we all love a home tour.....check out this East London home tour courtesy of Living Etc complete with beautiful Wishbone chairs. And a beautiful Scandinavian inspired Melbourne home.

I hopy you all have a wonderful weekend! See you Monday!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I'm very jealous would LOVE to have a getaway like this! Have a great weekend Ana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cottage is beautiful, would love somewhere like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i be transported there now, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It' so comfortable... I'd like to be here
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dream cabin! I can't wait to go to Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a little cottage! Perfect for cozy winters and lovely summers outdoors - one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful.. I'm the happy owner of a cabin in Norway and this is a great inspiration, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The light seems just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the natural wood finish of your space. The use of white compliments the walls and showcases a truly unique appearance that's very pleasing from an aesthetic standpoint. Very nice furniture if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so beautiful Nikki!!! Thanks for sharing!

    P.S - I am currently looking for submissions of people's best cupcake recipes with a picture, recipe and little profile on themselves to be part of a cookbook.

    Can you spread the word for me and if you are interested - submit one of your own?

    Best,

    Donna
    www.nectarandstone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to Donna but I have to admit my cup cakes are not really up to scratch! I am sure there are lots if talented people on here that can help you though. Can't wait to see the book!

      Delete
  11. Isn't the scandi inspired home in Melbourne just gorgeous! Great to see Australian homes featured on your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I absolutely love this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a tumbledown old house in Nova Scotia - nothing so beautiful and sleek as this but oh, I can't wait for summer to be there! Thanks for sharing this lovely - I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful inspiration!! Thanx! Have a great weekend,

    Love Lisanne
    lisannevandeklift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. even if the only thing i'm waiting for is heat and sunshine, i must say that this wooden cabin is really cosy... and i love the last snowy picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. andi inspired home in Melbourne just gorgeous! Great to see Australian homes feature
    Alat Sadap
    Jasa Pembuatan Adsense

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really stunning, I love the open and bright spaciousness! It'll be great spending some calm, quality time there... But I can't believe they've managed to do all this with three children.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I can't even empty the dishwasher with two children let alone renovate a home. Makes it all the more impressive!

      Delete
  18. Looks pretty fab if I may say so - I´d love to stay there for a while..!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks so calm and serene - all that wood paneling is really stunning. I love how most of the colour comes from nature or natural materials. Very inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO