Scrolling

Inspiring work space in a converted warehouse

The more I see of collaborative or shared office spaces the more I feel they are an extremely inspiring and efficient way of working for independent business people! Designer and illustrator Mairead Murphy of Maike Design Studio converted this disused warehouse space in Northcote, Melbourne into a beautiful, vibrant and inspiring work space for independent designers and artists. It's been designed to maintain the natural light and feeling of large open space but zoned to allow both individual and collaborative work. Minamilist materials have been used to allow the original industrial features to shine through. I could work there, could you?!










Photographer: Pictures 1,2,3: Mairead Murphy, Maike Design Studio, Pictures 4,5,6,7,8,9: Sean Fennessey
Mairead has been so wonderful and sent me an extensive list of where the items are from for example, the dining chairs are Thonet 214 (15% discount with code MYSCAN), the sofa is Angelucci, the armchair was found in a skip and upholstered in Kvadrat tonica fabric, the white rug is Jimmy Possum, the pendant lights over the dining table are Lightyears by Caravaggio and the bench and swing are by Pop & Scott. The list is extensive so if you're wondering about anything else just give me a shout below!

Check out another fab collaborative work space here.

PS I'm off to a great friend's wedding tomorrow - so exciting! I hope you all have a lovely weekend. See you Monday!


LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. He can come by and do a makeover for MY office! Yes, I'm working in a normal editorial office and doesn't look a bit like that ;)
    //Larissa
    colinthehappyrobot.wordpress.com
    thekitchenmoron.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing office, who doesn't want to work in a place like this?!, incredible!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I both work at home. We are currently setting up our work spaces in our new loft. His is huge but also has to work as a guest room. I just wrote a post yesterday about how we are planning to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work from home and have done many times, really helpful reading your article

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need the sofa style like the one in the first picture!!

    www.thestelstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing ! I would love to work there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...incredible office, stunning place, I love dining table and chairs and lapms over the table, .....of course, the images are beautiful :)

    http://domovvskandinavskomstyle.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. An incredible work space. I particularly like the swing! I can imagine using it to distress after dealing with a difficult client. Perhaps that's what we all need!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word-I would SO love a space like this! Just wonderful to have the brickwork and industrial windows! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful space to work in everyday. I will be visiting Melbourne next year during my visit to Australia. I have heard the whole city is very hip. Very much looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful space. Thanks for sharing!

    -VP
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/visualphilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful details...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the scale of that lamp in the living room. And the pendants in the dining room! Have fun at the wedding this weekend, Niki! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. ¿Coffee table's name on pictures 5, 6? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Coffee table is the 'iko' from Jardan :)

      Delete
  15. un minimalisme de charme....

    http://parisinaenmadrid.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Coffee table is the 'iko' from Jardan :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. It's looking wonderful. Nice Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post on Work from Home
    I also love the style of blogging here on myscandinavianhome.blogspot.com
    you see, there are 2 blogs that i've found so far to be very helpful and have something interesting for me whenever i visit, this one and http://danieluyi.com
    Keep up the good work you're doing here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your design work and the desk and storage cabinets are very efficient. ?under desk storage cabinet name?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO