Scrolling

A Gotland retreat

If there's one place on my wish list it's the island of Gotland on the East coast of Sweden, it's supposed to be stunning. This summer cottage is situated on a little island called Furillen just off Gotland (even better!). According to Anna of blog La Maison D'Anna G, the space was formerly used as army storage and has been carefully renovated using raw materials as well relics from the original building. The blue accent and sheepskin rugs add a warm element to the cold industrial feel of the concrete and pared-back space. Very original and beautiful. 








Photography: Pia Ulin, Styling Cilla Ramnek for Residence magazine. Via La Maison D'Anna G with thanks

I like the way they have 'opened up' the Hay industrial light - it adds a cool twist, perhaps I should do the same with mine in my bedroom....I see they have the Muuto Wood Table Lamp, one of my favourites! I am also a big fan of sheepskin rugs over chairs - as you can see from my dining room (it actually makes them so comfy too!).

Anything about this home you love?

PS Don't miss my very exciting give-away this Friday just in time for the clocks to go forward  (open worldwide).......Ooooo what could it be?!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I love the blue and the rugs - very unique space!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue wall and ply wood combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's the Autumn season but I do like the deeper light and darker colors instead of the immaculate interiors we've been loving these last few months. Very nice space and that blue is stunning ... xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO